[ 0 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

pool modification idea.

Post by Todd on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:34 pm

So i've been storing this idea for a long time, since BKP and i first brainstormed it out last year.  

I think now's the time, in leu of the overall sentiment anyway.

The idea works like this.  

We would no longer cut players from our core every year.   We would no longer have an annual draft in the summer.  

We would have a hard cap of 42 players that you can never ever go over.   If you do go over you must immediately cut the extra guys.

We would have an entry draft in line with the NHL entry draft where in you could add players in the draft while keeping at or under the 42 man cap.  

This will move us to a full dynasty league.  We currently play 21 players on our team and this would give you a second full team in backups.  

The players you have would be yours forever without worry about having to cut.   You could build actual farms for your system without having to cut kids.  

It serves a second purpose.   One of the biggest adantages that happen in the pool is in the inequality of roster size.   This removes that and creates a more level playing field for all.  Will make a more balanced pool moving forward in my estimation (and the focus group that i discussed this with)

Deadpool picks would work a similar way but if you were under the 42 cap you wouldn't have to drop a guy to draft.  We could also adjust the frequency of them if that's of interest.  

In looking at the pool and listening to some people it feels to me like we need a bit more balance, and also that we need a way to carry forward young players over time to allow them to grow to be useful as opposed to trying to land them just when they are about to be.

The best part of this is that it works with a full redraft or without.   I'd be open to whatever the consensus was on the redraft but i am 100% in favour of redrafting, I'd like to actually redraft this summer and that's where my vote will fall.

The rule would not go into place until NEXT off season. Unless we decide to redraft then it could, if we all voted for it, be in place now.  

Please vote above

Last edited by Todd on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Todd
Admin

View user profile http://thepool.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: pool modification idea.

Post by Todd on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm

my vote is in.

Todd
Admin

View user profile http://thepool.forumotion.com